A heat gun is a device that is used to heating applications for many purposes. You can easily do your household as well industrial work as well with the best heat gun. You can use your devices by taking it to a certain heat point you want. It will make your work more comfortable. Now it’s your turn to explore the opportunities you never experienced. The revolution gist of best heat gun reviews will be in your hand through this article. You can do any work effortlessly with these devices.
- 1 Why You Need a Heat Gun
- 2 Advantages of The Heat Gun
- 3 Things to Consider Before Buying a Heat Gun
- 4 Our Pick For Best Heat Gun
- 5 Short Review of Each Best Heat Gun
- 6 Accessories You May Also Need
- 7 Safety tips
- 8 Maintenance tips
- 9 Frequently Asked Questions
- 10 For Those Of You Who Are Still Unsure
- 11 Final Word
Why You Need a Heat Gun
You will need a heat gun for various reasons. The best heat gun enables you enjoying all your complicated jobs done easily. The reasons are briefly:
- You can remove paint.
- You can bend plastics.
- Soften ice-covered tubes.
- Anyone can do their work more efficiently with the best heat gun.
- It can be used for loosening tiles.
- You can heat glasses as well for making glass products.
Advantages of The Heat Gun
There’re numerous advantages of the best heat gun. We are providing some vital advantages of using heat gun from the best heat gun reviews.
- The best heat gun will give you the opportunity of enjoying your job.
- Handle grip having quality rubber cover will ensure your hand comfort while doing any type of long hour works.
- With these types of products, you can work as deep as you want with the particular products you want to operate or produce.
- It can heat up the machineries a bit quick. Thus the efficiency of the best heat gun is great.
- Very much user friendly products. You just need some basics to learn. Then you will be most satisfied with this product.
- Adjustable heat is one of the most important advantage you'll find. You can work with a wide range of heats.
Things to Consider Before Buying a Heat Gun
You can consider many points depending on your preference. But I tried to figure out the basic things from the best heat gun reviews those you must consider before buying a heat gun. They’re:
How many types of work you can do with a heat gun: You need to be sure how many types of jobs you’re going to do with this product. The heat gun must fulfill your maximum number of needs.
Suitability to the specific works you searching for: You may be wanted it for the home usage. Then purchase the heat guns those are specially made for home usages. If you want it for industrial purposes, then go for the products those are specially made for this purpose.
Types of heat guns you want: There are various types of heat guns available in the marketplace. You have to decide which one or ones you are going to purchase. There are electric hot air heat guns, gas powered heat guns, infrared heat guns. Now you have to choose the one you are looking for.
Security issues: If you’re going to buy a heat gun, you must ensure that it suits your security requirement. It is a little risky to operate the jobs done with a heat gun. So you must consider this thing while buying the best heat gun.
Our Pick For Best Heat Gun
This best heat gun reviews give you a rundown of five best heat guns on Amazon.com. Let’s take a look at our best pick.
Short Review of Each Best Heat Gun
Here is the short review of all the best heat gun that we selected for you.
1. Wagner 0503008 HT1000 1,200-watt Heat Gun
This is heat gun which can heat up quickly; it also comes at a good price. It is a general usage heat gun made for every possible job around you. The gun is perfect for stripping paint, thawing pipes, loosening floor tiles.
- Air volume (cu. ft./min.): 20
- Amperage (amps): 10
- Low noise design with two fan speeds for controlling heat
- 1,200-watt heat gun
- 2 temperature settings, 750-degree F and 1000-degree F
- 4,100 Btu output for removing multiple layers of paint
- Measures 16.5 X 9.8 X 17 inches;
- Weight: 1.9 pounds;
- Cord Length 6 ft.
- Two-years warranty
- It will cut your costs.
- Corrosion-resistant nozzle to prevent rust.
- Quick and effectual heating up.
- Very light in weight and solid plastic body.
- Works well with painted devices.
- Long-lasting durable structure.
- Hanging hook for safe storage during cool down.
- Also very effective for big elective devices.
- It doesn't do that good with the small devices like phone, watches etc.
- After you use it, it stays hot for a bit long time.
Summary of Customer Reviews:
Most of the buyers commend this product as it comes at a good price with high quality. Some of them find it very light in doing their particular jobs. Many of the buyers say it is a fast and effective heat gun as well. They like the fact that one can use it every possible way he wants. However, some say it takes a little bit more time to be cool down. But they loved the product overall.
2. PORTER-CABLE PC1500HG 1500-watt Heat Gun
It is built especially for working with the heavy things such as floor or wall. The dual fan speed has made this product a special one. It is perfect for Paint removing, Bending plastic pipes, welding plastics, Removing adhesive tiles, Shrinking plastic tubing.
- Voltage: 120V
- 1500 watts deliver high heat and multiple fan settings.
- 2-speed selector delivers high and low fan speed settings.
- Variable temperature dial allows for easy adjustment of temperatures.
- Integrated hanging hook is ideal for storage.
- 6 ft. High-grade cord improves flexibility during cold use.
- Lightweight 2 lb. gun offers less fatigue when holding.
- Well structured and steadfast.
- Easy to operate.
- Heat control is now easier.
- Its functions are great.
- You can easily get control over the product.
- It is a durable product.
- Two power settings made it very special heat gun.
- A bit larger in weight.
- Doesn't have much attractive design, though it will give quality service.
Summary of Customer Reviews:
Most of the customers give this heat gun a high rating. They claim this heat gun is much more durable and well structured. One reviewer says the comfort, functionality and heat control makes this a superior tool It is very easy to operate and less risky. They liked most the two power settings. However, a customer is unhappy that it doesn’t come with the selection of nozzles.
3. DEWALT D26960K Heavy Duty Heat Gun with LCD Display
This heat gun comes with some outstanding features. It has a LCD screen through which you can easily control the heating range within 50-Degree increments. Protection measure and storage convenient hang ring is included with it. You can now work more safely with this product. So it’s a worth product of its price we have seen from the best heat gun reviews.
- Air Flow Capacity: 18 CFM
- Amperage (amps): 13
- Voltage: 120 volts
- Cord Length 10 ft.
- Weight: 2.3lbs
- Maximum Power: 1550 W
- Adjust temperature within 50-Degree increments in a range of 150 Degrees F to 1100 Degrees F
- Includes 12 common accessories and a kit box.
- 3 Years Limited Warranty.
- More protection.
- Comfortable handling with the specially designed grip.
- Easy operation specially with paint works.
- Built-in hang ring adds a convenient storage feature.
- Cord Protector keeps the cord from tearing away from the housing.
- Built-in innovative kickstand support provides greater stability and prevents tip over.
- Heats quickly and cools down quickly. So you needn't be so careful of its handling.
- LCD screen enables you understanding what's going on through the device; you can also have a real control over the heat gun.
- Individual heat settings for high and low heating made it a unique heat gun to have fun with.
- Sometimes it seems to be very hot for few seconds but need not to worry; it then cools down within a moment.
Summary of Customer Reviews:
Most of the customers of this product claim that this one is a high quality product within the price it allowed. There’s a feature of cooling down quickly feature which is very much liked by many consumers. They say this feature made this heat gun a real useful one to use. Moreover they find the grip comfortable and structure strong.
4. Black & Decker HG1300 Dual Temperature Heat Gun
It is a simple and very much user friendly heat gun. You can do more complex type of work with this heat gun. There are high heat and low heat button which made your work more trouble-free. You can use these automatic adjustment buttons if you don’t want to do it manually. It is perfect for stripping Paint, varnish and loosening rusted nuts and bolts. So this is a great feature. The kick stand is useful as well.
- Air volume (cu. ft./min.): 12
- Amperage (amps): 11.25
- BTU Heat Rating: 4606 Btu/h
- Maximum Power: 1375 W
- 2 temperature settings: 750 Degrees and 1000 Degrees
- Weight: 1.4375 lbs
- Cord Length (ft.): 6
- 2 years warranty.
- Lightweight and handy to use.
- Built-in stand for easy cool down.
- Two temperature automatic options.
- More durable and well structured.
- You can do more complex work with it.
- You can easily work with multi-layers of color paints.
- It is also very convenient for plastic bending and tiles working.
- Cord is too cheap.
- The unit doesn't come with any attachments.
Summary of Customer Reviews:
People who are the user of the product say that it is a very convenient and simple tool to have comfortably done your jobs. They like the variety of temperatures and manual control of temperature. They used it for sensitive works and they got a very good result. Moreover customer says that it is one of the best heat guns they had ever used.
5. Genesis GHG1500A Dual Temperature Heat Gun Kit
This heat gun comes with high quality at an affordable price. It is most known for enormous heat producing capacity. The nozzles are very strong and come with quality. It is perfect for stripping Paint and Varnish, Softening Caulking and Putty for Removal, Removing Adhesive Labels, Thawing Pipes, Gutters, Freezers, or Radiators, Loosening Rusted Nuts and Bolts, Speed-Drying Epoxy, Cement, or any Damp Surface and more.
- Weight (lb.): 2 lbs
- Variable air volume: 17 or 10 CFM
- High temp setting 1000 degrees F and low temp setting 572 degrees F
- Variable output: 1500 or 750 watts
- BTU Heat Rating: 2500 Btu/h
- Powerful 12.5 Amp Motor.
- Deflector Nozzles Protect Glass and Other Surfaces.
- Reflector Nozzle Speeds Thawing of Pipes.
- Cord Length: 6.5 Feet
- Includes 2 deflector nozzles, 1 reflector nozzle and 1 air reduction nozzle.
- Two-years home use warranty.
- It is very light in weight.
- Its solid and works effectively.
- Produce enormous heat.
- High and Low Temperature Settings for Versatility.
- Cools down rapidly.
- User friendly product.
- Great nozzles for easy heating.
- Sometimes the nozzles are seemed loose, careful inspection can solve this problem.
- The handle is a little uncomfortable but thats not a big deal.
Summary of Customer Reviews:
Most of the customer say it is a worth product to buy. They assert that the price is an affordable one. Many of them say it can produce enormous heat with its nozzles. Some say that they like the simple use of the product. They give their positive opinion about the structure and working efficiency of the product.
Accessories You May Also Need
You will also find the following accessories for heat gun very useful:
Steinel 07051 39mm Reflector Nozzle for Heat Gun
This reflector nozzle is used to do soldering, bending plastic tubing, and applying heat shrink tubing. It allows applying heat without overheating the adjoining surfaces. It’s fit in almost every heat gun. You can rely on Steinel because they are very renowned for manufacturing heat guns, heat gun accessories, and many other power tools.
Wagner/ Milwaukee Spray Tech Corp 30010 Heat Gun Accessory Kit
Being a heat gun essential element you must purchase it for your Wagner or Milwaukee heat gun. All the nozzles can be adjusted easily in almost every Wagner or Milwaukee heat gun. So it is a worth product to its price. This unit includes: pin point nozzle (precise work & mending vinyl,) flat nose (wise areas lap siding).
Though the best heat gun is a very useful device, it can be dangerous at high temperature. So you need to follow some precautions:
Wearing safety wear: While you are using a heat gun, you should have the proper safety wear. You should wear a safety glass and musk. It is a must that you keep the proper dress code.
Location: You should do your jobs in such a place that is well ventilated. Air can take way the fumes of the heat gun so that you can get rid of the toxic fumes danger.
Knowing the time: Make sure you know the proper time you when you are using the heat gun. You must know when to use and when to not.
- While using a heat gun makes sure there is no flammable gases, dust etc. Otherwise, it may cause harm to the heat gun.
- After using a heat gun, let it be cool for at least for one minute and then keep it in dry cold room space.
- Keep a minimum distance between nozzles and head of the object while working.
- Use appropriate nozzles for the object.
Frequently Asked Questions
We have figured out some most frequently asked questions from best heat gun reviews.
1. Can heat gun be dangerous at some moment?
Answer: Yes, it can be. But if you follow the precautions provided in this article, you will be capable of escaping those unwanted situations.
2. How can we recognize the best heat gun out of the market?
Answer: It’s a very typical question to answer. You have to check whether the quality and benefit the heat gun provided fulfill your need or not. If a product can fulfill your needs best within your budget, then the product will be considered as a best heat gun for you.
3. What are the high and low settings of temperature?
Answer: These are the automatic temperature setting provided by the best heat gun. Here you need not to control the temperature manually.
4. Should I buy the cheap one or the expensive one?
Answer: It doesn’t matter actually. Seek for quality not always price. A cheaper product can be a quality one, do find it.
For Those Of You Who Are Still Unsure
I have presented you the best heat gun reviews before you. It is the time to decide which one or ones you are going to buy.
I recommend you the DEWALT D26960K Heavy Duty Heat Gun with LCD Display because it has
- Additional guard provided.
- Relaxed management with the particularly intended grasp.
- Simple maneuver specially with paint works.
- LCD display for full inspection.
I also recommend you to buy the Wagner 0503008 HT1000 1,200-watt Heat Gun because it has
- Cool down fast as well as heating up.
- Special product for painted walls and so on.
- Very light in weight.
- Durable and permanent construction.
- Very effective dealing with big mechanisms.
A best heat gun can change your life. It can ease your effort by giving you the most comfort while working. You have to ensure that the heat gun is completely safe before you start working with it. Quality heat gun will enable you enjoy your work a lot. I tried my best here to provide you the core of best heat gun reviews out there. Now it is your time to act.