Trying to find the best magnetic screen door reviews can be difficult. There are thousands of reviews, so how do you decide which is the best magnetic screen door? This is one instance where you need the help of an expert, and that is what this review guide is for. I have a lot of experience using different types of screen doors. I have gone over the various magnetic screen doors, and have trimmed the list down to five. We will look at the pros and cons and what reviewers have to say about each one.
- 1 Why You Need a Magnetic Screen Door
- 2 Advantages of the Magnetic Screen Door
- 3 Things to Consider Before Buying a Magnetic Screen Door
- 4 Our Pick For Best Magnetic Screen Door
- 5 Short Review Of Each Best Magnetic Screen Door
- 6 Installation Instructions
- 7 How to Use a Magnetic Screen Door Long Time
- 8 Frequently Asked Questions
- 9 For Those Of You Who Are Still Unsure
- 10 Final Word
Why You Need a Magnetic Screen Door
The best magnetic screen door is capable of doing a lot for your home.
- A magnetic screen door is used to provide protection for the main door. A screen door keeps stains, dirt and debris off your door. If you’re looking for a way to shield your door from the elements, a magnetic screen door is it.
- A magnetic screen door is often used to make homes more energy efficient. Because it provides an additional layer of protection, you’ll use less energy.
- Probably the most popular use of screen doors is to keep insects away. There are times when you’ll want to open the door and enjoy the breeze. By installing a screen you can keep the bugs away and savor the sun and air.
- Another common use of magnetic screen doors is security. A well-designed screen adds another level of protection to keep burglars at bay.
Advantages of the Magnetic Screen Door
- Magnetic screen doors are easy to set up. Compared to other screens, installation is straightforward.
- Durable: These screens are made from high quality materials. From the smallest parts to the largest, they’re designed for long term use.
- Quiet operation: These screens open and close smoothly. They don’t make a lot of noise, and many are completely silent.
- Safe some of these screens close slowly, ensuring your fingers won’t get caught in-between.
- These screens also allow fresh air to come in your house. While it keeps insects at bay, you won’t be lacking in fresh air and sunlight.
- Stylish: Ordinary screen doors have a drab appearance and stick out like a sore thumb. Today’s magnetic screen doors are beautifully made and complement the look of your home.
- Widely available: Now with just a few clicks of your mouse you can order these.
Things to Consider Before Buying a Magnetic Screen Door
First time buyers usually think of the cost, but if you want the best magnetic screen door, you have to consider other factors.
Screen Size: The screen must be the right size. Standard doors measure 80 by 24 or 36 inches. However there are a lot of other sizes available. If necessary, measure your door to avoid mistakes.
Magnet Quality: Magnetic screen doors are all about the magnets. The gap shouldn’t be too much, otherwise the magnets won’t be able to close properly. You can avoid this by purchasing screens from a reputable brand.
Installation: Magnetic screen doors are generally easy to install, but some are easier to set up than others. This is going to be an issue if you plan to install lots of screens or have an unusually sized door.
Warranty: How long is the warranty for the magnetic screen? If the weather fluctuates a lot in your area, rains heavily or prone to strong winds, you must not settle for anything less than the highest quality screens.
Customer Feedback: What do customers have to say about it? Is the feedback good or bad? Get feedback on the product before you buy it.
Our Pick For Best Magnetic Screen Door
We made a short list of 5 best magnetic screen door for you. Let’s take a look at our best pick.
Short Review Of Each Best Magnetic Screen Door
Here is the short review of all the best magnetic screen door that we selected for you.
1. Flux Phenom Reinforced Magnetic Screen Door
This is one of the best magnetic screen door I’ve come across. The mesh is smooth but firm. It’s going to keep bugs out but your pets won’t have trouble getting in or out. The screen comes with a video tutorial which shows you how it’s set up. Once it’s set up the magnets respond well.
- Flux Phenom Magnetic Screen Door fits all door sizes up to 38″ x 82″
- Powerful magnetic cubes and magnetic strips.
- Bugs out, lets fresh air in.
- Pets can go in and out of the house with ease.
- Durable, heavy duty mesh with reinforced edges survives the test of time.
- Comes with all metal black thumbtacks for extra security.
- Installation only takes a few minutes.
- The screen opens and closes smoothly.
- Screen is made from durable materials.
- The mesh is equipped with durable thumbtacks.
- Comes with a lifetime warranty.
- One customer says the one-size-fits-all is inconvenient.
- One reviewer claims the screen does not close well.
Summary of Customer Reviews:
The feedback for the Flux Phenom has been mostly positive. One reviewer gave it 5 stars for being easy to set up. He opted to use hammer and nails instead of the thumbtacks and the mesh came out fine. He also said the screen does a good job in keeping bugs away.
The best magnetic screen door reviews have praised its design and quality. Pet owners have given the Flux Phenom the thumbs up, with one saying it’s ideal for those with dogs. Another customer gave it 5 stars said in his review this is one screen he recommends without hesitation.
These are the kinds of reviews you’ll get for the Flux Phenom. Are there negative reviews for these? Yes, but they are outnumbered by the positives.
2. iGotTech Magnetic Screen Door, Full Frame Velcro
The iGotTech is included in many best magnetic screen door lists, and it should be. The mesh isn’t that thick to keep air out. However, it does prevent insects and debris from getting in your home. There’s a video included which demonstrates how it’s installed. There’s also fortified Velcro on the mesh for extra durability, something I really like.
- Fits Doors up to 34″ X 82″
- Stacked with 26 powerful magnets.
- Reinforced velcro along every inch.
- Screen mesh is durable.
- Installation is easy.
- Magnets have no gaps.
- Works with most doors.
- Comes with a 100% money back guarantee.
- A reviewer said he had to use weights to get it to close.
- One customer said the screen came with a sewing problem.
Summary of Customer Reviews:
I have read the best magnetic screen door reviews and they’re very favorable. One customer posted a video review showing how easy the screen is to install. Another customer said this was exactly what he needed. He pointed out it’s just right for his pets. According to the reviewer, he had been searching for the right magnetic screen and this is the best one online.
Another customer gave the iGotTech high marks for tis design. The reviewer said it works great and is right for homes with pets. This type of feedback is common among the reviews that have been posted online. Some of the reviewers have complaints, but most are content with the screen mesh. After going through the various reviews, I have to say they’re spot on.
3. Easy Install Magnetic Screen Door – Heavy Duty Mesh & Velcro
This screen door from Easy Install is exactly that, as it only takes minutes to get it ready. This is one of the best magnetic screen door for a 34″ x 82″ door, and no tools required. I like the screen as it’s been fortified and doesn’t leave gaps when opening and closing. This is a no-frills mesh and does what it should. If that’s what you’re looking for, you won’t be disappointed.
- No tools required to install and remove.
- Fits door size 34″x82″
- Uses 26 strong magnetic points of contact.
- Offer a no questions asked 12 month money back guarantee.
- The mesh keeps bugs and debris away.
- Comes with a free ebook on how to keep mosquitoes away.
- Installation is straightforward.
- Keeps your home cool.
- Money back guarantee.
- One customer complained the adhesive comes off quickly.
- One customer said the screen material isn’t durable.
Summary of Customer Reviews:
A customer gave the Easy Install five stars, calling it a “great screen door”. He bought the screen because of all the bugs around his house. After installing the screen, the bugs no longer bothered his home.
Among the best magnetic screen door reviews for the Easy Install were those from people looking for reliable screens. One customer said installation took just a few minutes and his dog loves it. This is the same thing that other reviewers have been saying, and that it takes just five minutes to set everything up on his patio.
There are a few negative feedbacks, but most people say it’s just the screen door they need for their homes.
4. Easy Screen Doors Magnetic Screen Door
The Easy Screen makes it on my list of the best magnetic screen door because of its durability. The design is strong and durable. I also like that’s it’s very easy to set up. Even if you have never used any of these before, setting up won’t take long. The mesh keeps pests out but your kids and pets can move freely. Overall I am impressed with its design and quality.
- Fits door openings up to 36″ x 82″.
- Easy Screen Doors screen door is easy to install.
- Screen is more durable than most modern screens.
- Strong magnets leave no gaps.
- Sewed on velcro and sewed seams make the product robust.
- Best customer service on Amazon.
- Available in different sizes.
- Great for pets and children.
- Magnets close without any gaps.
- The screen is very durable.
- A 6 month no questions money back guarantee is provided.
- One reviewer says the Velcro doesn’t hold up.
- One customer claims the screen isn’t that durable.
Summary of Customer Reviews:
If you read the best magnetic screen door reviews online, you’ll see this is one of the top rated ones. One customer who gave this 5 stars even posted a video review. The customer did a lot of research and said the Easy Screen is the best available. Another 5 star review came from a satisfied customer who said the screen is “excellent”.
There are many other reviews that say pretty much the same thing. There are a few complaints here and there. But when you look at the total number of positive and negative reviews, it’s clear that the satisfied customers are the majority. They come from different backgrounds, but what they all agree on is its quality.
5. Premium Choice Products Premium Magnetic Screen Door
I have also included the Premium Choice Screen Door because it’s well made. I like the screen mesh as it keeps insects outside your home. This is also one of the best magnetic screen door when it comes to strength. The full Velcro and the seams are top quality. I am also impressed with the magnets as they don’t leave any gaps. Compared to cheaper screen doors, this is well made.
- Powerful Magnetic Gap Free Seal Automatically Snaps Shut.
- Magnets INSIDE the seam, highest quality mesh, full velcro.
- The mesh is made from high quality material.
- The magnets are well-designed.
- The seal doesn’t have any gaps.
- Installation doesn’t require any tools.
- One customer said the screen is not wide enough for his door.
- One reviewer says the screen was delivered without any instructions.
Summary of Customer Reviews:
The best magnetic screen door reviews have focused on its design. One customer reviewer said he’s very satisfied. He says setting up was easy. Since it’s been set up, his family has been using it every day without issues. One customer said he was initially skeptical. But he decided to give it a try and he is now happy with the results.
One customer gave the screen 5 stars for its design. According to the reviewer, he had tried a lot of magnetic screen doors and none have worked well. This is a view that is shared by a lot of people, and it’s an indication of how good it really is.
After a thorough review I have to say the positive feedback is well-deserved as it’s really an efficient screen door.
Set the screen down and apply the strips and hooks on the screen. Stick the first panel on the middle of the door. Press the strip for half a minute to make sure that it is fit. To secure the top panel, press down on the strip for 30 seconds and ensure the top edge is correctly set.
Repeat the process to set up the second panel. It should also be set at the door’s center and that the two panels align. Secure the top level of the second panel the same way you did with the first.
Once the panels are set, test the magnets. If you installed it properly the magnets should link up. Next, remove the strips on the hook and loop. Press firmly against the door frame.
When you’re done with the long strip and hooks, put the supplied wood tacks in each one. For security reasons you have to tack the screen onto the frame too. This is not mandatory, but for enhancing security we recommend it. There’s no need to use special tools for the tacks as you can just use your thumbs to push them through.
These are general guidelines: refer to your manual for more details.
How to Use a Magnetic Screen Door Long Time
- The best way to maintain your screen door is to install it as directed. By following the instructions there should be no problems with it.
- Wipe dirt off the screen especially if there has been heavy wind. Don’t let dirt, leaves and other debris accumulate.
- Check the screen for damage or tear and repair or replace immediately. Unless you’re a handyman and familiar with screen repair, it’s best to just get a replacement or ask a professional to fix it.
- Check the adhesives and tacks following heavy rain or other weather extremities.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How many sizes are magnetic screen doors available?
Answer: There are magnetic screen doors for all kinds of doors, and some companies offer custom services. However this may cost more.
2. Can you lock magnetic screen doors?
Answer: No, because they have been designed so pets can get in and out.
3. Can magnetic screen doors really provide protection for strong winds?
Answer: Most of them offer some degree of protection, but it depends on the quality and brand.
4. Is there anything I should do before buying a magnetic screen door?
Answer: Measure your door and make sure that it corresponds with the screen. Buy the one that is compatible with it.
5. What tools are required to install a magnetic screen door?
Answer: Most magnetic screen doors don’t require any special tools. However you should look in the instructions if any specific steps needed.
For Those Of You Who Are Still Unsure
My top picks are the Flux Phenom Reinforced Magnetic Screen Door and the iGotTech Magnetic Screen Door. As the best magnetic screen door reviews have shown, they’re effective in terms of keeping bugs away.
Both screen doors have the features you’re looking for such as easy installation, durability and dependability. Both of them are made from quality materials and perfect for those with pets. They’re also beautifully constructed so it’ll last. So which of the two is better? Both of them are top of the line and don’t require a lot of maintenance.
As this review guide has shown, a magnetic screen door offers a lot more than a traditional screen. When it comes to giving you protection they’re hard to beat. Of course if you’ve never bought one before, deciding what to get is going to be the challenge.
The way around this is to read the best magnetic screen door reviews, like the ones I have provided here. The two products I recommended should work fine. But if you would rather look for one, my detailed guide should help. No matter what options you choose, getting the ideal screen is just a few clicks away.