Best Wire Strippers are always important tools not only for household purpose but also for industrial other construction purposes. But all one has to do before using wire strippers is to buy the best wire stripping tools which suit one’s requirements. You have to go over the different wire Strippers related information to check out which one would be the best wire stripper for you.
- 1 Why need a Wire Stripper
- 2 Things To Consider Before Buying a Wire Strippers
- 3 Our Pick For Best Wire Strippers
- 4 Short Review Of Best Wire Strippers
- 4.1 1. IRWIN VISE-GRIP Multi-Tool Wire Stripper/Crimper/Cutter
- 4.2 2. IRWIN VISE-GRIP Self-adjusting wire stripper
- 4.3 3. Klein tools 11063W 8-22 AWG katapult Wire Stripper
- 4.4 4. Industrial Tools 2078300 8-inch Self-Adjusting Wire Stripper with Protouch Grips
- 4.5 5. Klein Tools 1010 Long-nose Multi-purpose tool
- 5 How to Use a Wire Stripper Properly
- 6 Accessories for a Wire Stripper
- 7 Frequently Asked Questions
- 8 For Those Of You Who Are Still Unsure: My Recommendations
- 9 Final Word
Why need a Wire Stripper
The need of the best wire stripper may diverge from function to function, individual to individual. So you have to understand which one is right for you. We are here to assist you to decide to buy the product you are looking for.Some common types of wire strippers are
General purpose wire stripper: This kind of wire stripper is used only to breaking up, smoothing or cutting wires. These wire strippers will give you the opportunity to have your job easily done. Generally, the electrician or construction staff use this type of wire stripper. This may be of some variety:
Diagonal wire stripper: As the name advocate, it is used to have a diagonal cut-off wire. It is generally used for cutting supple, pliable wires.
Clip wire stripper: If you want a smooth cut-off wire, you can use it. Its blades are small and sharp enough to have the smoothest cut.
Wire Strippers with additional usage: Some best wire strippers come with additional usages such as sharpening your other tools and equipment. The blades are smooth enough to make your job easily done; on the other hand, it can also sharpen your other tools. This feature makes this type of product one of the best stripping tools out there.
Anti-electric shock wire strippers: These types of wire strippers are used to prevent one from electric shock probabilities. If you are worried while using wire strippers, then you can go for this type of product. Convenient sizes are also available with the features. So it’s your turn to choose the best wire strippers for you among them.
Things To Consider Before Buying a Wire Strippers
You can consider many things while buying the best wire stripping tool. We have tried to just show you the basic things you need to consider.
- If you want more flexibility in using a wire stripper, then you can go for some adjustable wire stripper.
- You need to consider the fact that you’re going to buy whether it cuts according to the sizes you desired or not. If not, search for the appropriate one.
- You can also consider wire volume you are working with. If you are dealing with some sensitive thin wire, you must buy the wire striping tools which can do the job more prudently.
- You must consider the size and dimensions of the wire stripper so that you feel handy while using it.
- Consider the job you are going to do with the wire strippers so that the qualities of the wire stripper match the job accurately.
- Consider how versatile types of work can the product do. If you find a versatile product within your budget, you must check it out.
- Check the warranty issues and terms and conditions. If there is a strict warranty policy, then try to avoid that product.
- Moreover you should consider the quality of the products rather than cheap prices. If you find some less expensive product with quality, stay with this article.
Our Pick For Best Wire Strippers
Let’s take a look at our best pick.
Short Review Of Best Wire Strippers
Here is the short review of all best wire strippers that we selected for you. These reviews definitely help you to choice the best wire stripper that is best suited for you.
1. IRWIN VISE-GRIP Multi-Tool Wire Stripper/Crimper/Cutter
It’s a best stripping with multi-tool functions suitable most for electrical works. This is one of the best wire strippers having a wire stripper; wire cutter and crimper facilitate you to multi types of works with this stripper. It can cut wires more accurately than other multi-tool strippers.
- You can do much more work with this stripper.
- You will get 10-22 AWG cut.
- Comfortable handling and easy to use.
- Insulate shears are very spiky.
- Great at crimping.
- Crimps insulated and non-insulated terminals.
- Firm teeth at the tip.
- Lifetime guarantee for fault in material.
- Need careful inspection while crimping that's it.
Summary of Customer Reviews:
Almost every customers of online store gave it a positive feedback. So you may have understood how user friendly this product is and why we select it one of the best wire strippers. We have tried to give you an overview of the reviews of customers.
- One of our customers said that it was the exact device for precise jobs. The blades were very prickly as well as gave angle cuts.
- Another customer said that it was very simple to use. It could work with even multiple sizes of wire.
- It wasn’t time consuming for one of our customers. It cut copper wire without any difficulty.
- It was a great price to spend. It worked very efficiently as a wire-cutter and gave clear cuts.
- One purchaser said that he had to suffer with other tools before he owned it. The later story was a much pleasure story.
2. IRWIN VISE-GRIP Self-adjusting wire stripper
This is one of the best stripping tools about 8 inches makes stripping wire 10-24 AWG easily cut. It can be adjusted by itself. There’re a wire cutter and ProTouch Grips for making you feel more comfort while using it. Swivel knob is provided for arranging gauges more effectively. This Wire crimper crimps 10-22 AWG insulated, 10-22 AWG non-insulated and 7-9mm ignition terminals while wire cutter extends versatility.
- It can strip all types of wire including speaker wire and telephone wire.
- Self adjustment management will ease your operating of this tool.
- ProTouch technology grips get the most out of your comfort.
- Versatile in wire cutting.
- Lifetime warranty apart from mishandling damages.
- Solid and well constructed.
- Durability will continue for many years.
- Lower part is used as a wire cutter.
- Can crimp a number of extents of wire.
- It's not best for small wires but it is one of the best stripping tools for larger wires.
Summary of Customer Reviews:
This product is highly rated based on online customer reviews. We are representing you the summary of customer reviews so that you get an overall idea on these reviews.
- You can use it with almost every types of wire.
- It is among the best wire strippers as it can easily be self adjusted and operated easily.
- A customer said he was pleasured with the feature of self adjusting. The quality of the product amazed him.
- It saves your valuable time by easing your job. It’s very much comfortable as well.
- Someone lauded its firm and solid construction.
- One electrical worker found it more useful than any other tools he used. This was very handy to use for him.
- It is also very easy for the beginners to start stripping with these best stripping tools.
3. Klein tools 11063W 8-22 AWG katapult Wire Stripper
It can cut and strip 1 inch of wire very easily with just an step. This is one of the special ties of this stripper. You can remove the jacket insulation exclusive of damaging the wire with the assistance of banding gaps. It has cast alloy chassis, recoil spring design, precision machined stripping hole and tension loaded wire grip.
- Strippers are of good quality.
- It will provide years of service.
- It does consistence stripping.
- Firm and solid construction will provide years of service.
- It's a visible improvement over this type of strippers.
- It works effectively to facilitate you through isolation removal.
- It can strip cleanly and precisely.
- This a very quick tool to use and hassle-free tool.
- It doesn't have self adjustment mechanism.
Summary of Customer Reviews:
- Everybody is happy with the products quality and features.
- Many customers liked its rigid structure. It cut clean and smooth cuts for them.
- It performed well with almost all types of wires. Small or large no matter what the size is.
- Many electricians, technician recommended this product as it had made their job easier. They said that it was very crucial in the time of need and it was quick as well. They identified it as one of the best wire strippers in the market.
4. Industrial Tools 2078300 8-inch Self-Adjusting Wire Stripper with Protouch Grips
You can say it’s a package of gifts. It has many of the features you always love to have. It is a special product for electricity functions. It has mainly:
- Self adjusting mechanism from 10-24 AWG.
- The controlling of the span of the center strip.
- Versatile wire cutting ability.
- Swivel knob micro-adjusts for gauges smaller than 20 AWG.
- Wire crimper crimps 10-22 AWG insulated, 10-22 AWG non-insulated and 7-9mm ignition terminals.
- The price is an affordable one.
- Efficient and hassle-free electrical works.
- Micro-adjust mechanism with swivel-knob.
- It can crimp well.
- It can work super fast.
- You have to more careful while adjusting the wire sizes.
Summary of Customer Reviews:
5. Klein Tools 1010 Long-nose Multi-purpose tool
It’s basically a user-friendly product having large nose. There are curve blades and shear bolts for efficient work. Handles are made of plastic so that it can give you the feeling of comfort.
- Easy to use.
- 8-1/4 inches L nose for easy crimping.
- You can easily cut thin, critical wires by it.
- Plastic covered handles will give comfort.
- Light in weight, so no problem in carrying.
- It is durable through its structures.
- Plastic cover may break if not carefully operated.
Summary of Customer Reviews:
- Many said they had found this very helpful as it had crimpers on under and the upper side.
- People multi-purpose feature of this product as they can save their valuable time.
- Some of the customers said that it had fulfilled their expectations
- Some of the customers are happy with the sturdy structure it had and convenient sizes.
- One of the best striping tools said by few customers.
How to Use a Wire Stripper Properly
1. Select the appropriate wire sizes to strip according to the features of the tools you preferred.
2. Now place the gauge into the holes of the stripper.
3. Then open the stripper’s handles.
4. Carefully press the grips of the wire strippers all together to cut or crimp.
Accessories for a Wire Stripper
Now you have the best wire stripper. Let’s look at some accessories that you may need. We pick the best product for each accessory based on many factors like customer reviews, rating etc. So you don’t have any tension to buy them.
SE MZ101B Helping Hand with Magnifying Glass
This is the tool which can ease your work load through assisting you in crucial works. This tool is for both professional works and household workers. This will give some extra effort with the best stripping tools.
- Exaggeration: 4x
- Adaptable magnifier besides staples in numerous viewpoints.
- Weighty obligation vile for steadiness.
- It will come in good packaging.
Hakko CHP-170 Micro Soft Wire Cutter
It is a lenient wire reaper with a critical jaw for giving cut up to 16 gauges. Carbon steel being an element of this cutter, delivers toughness and long span of life cycle. Circular shaping fore-edge prevents your hand from any danger.
- Even censored micro soft wire reaper.
- 21 degree opposite rectilinear critical exterior permits terminal lines.
- Firm Construction with carbon steel ensures durability of the product.
- Specially sized grip for comfortable handling.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is it useful to use these wire strippers in hard material cutting?
Answer: No, it can cause adverse situation for materials and wire strippers as well. It may distort the shape of the material leaving a worse effect on the teeth of the wire strippers.
2. Can wire strippers cut all types of wires?
Answer: Not all of the wire strippers can cut all types of wires. Some specific ones can cut all types of wires, you just need to find it out.
3. How can I recognize the good wire strippers?
Answer: You need to research a little. Compare the features and facilities provided with the products.
4. Are wire strippers are safe in electricity related works?
Answer: There’re some products which are absolutely safe for any type of electrical work. Keep a good eye on this article you will get the idea.
For Those Of You Who Are Still Unsure: My Recommendations
If you are still not sure about whether you want to buy these products or not I have something to share with you. It is all your preference will surely get fulfilled. Now I recommend you some of these product to consider to make your choosing job easy. Best stripping tools are always special with unique features and so on.
I recommend you IRWIN VISE-GRIP Self-adjusting wire stripper because it’s have some extra ordinary quality features. Some are reviewed as follows:
• Self-adjusting mechanism will give you hassle-free experience
• You can also control the span of the main strip
• ProTouch technology grips are provided for extra comfort
I also recommend Industrial Tools 2078300 8-inch Self-Adjusting Wire Stripper as this also a special product to use. Because:
• It is a versatile product, can cut every types of wires
• Swivel knob is provided for micro adjustments of gauges
• It can also crimps isolated, not isolated wires
This is one of the best wire strippers I suggest.
You have read all the pros and cons about the best stripping tools here. Many things you have seen through this article. In the final words I can say that it’s ultimately your choice which one to buy, and which one to not. Don’t you rush for cheap products, just go for quality products. The Right tools for right jobs are most important things to consider. Wish you happy purchasing.